Frequently Asked Questions
[ i ] Parallax section below. Click on the section below to upload image. Don't worry if it looks weird in the Weebly editor. It'll look normal on your published site.
To edit or delete your image, press the "toggle" button below. Then, hover over your image until a popup appears with the "edit" and "delete" options. Since these are parallax sections, you may need to scroll a bit up or down to be able to click on the "edit image" popup.
- Can you pick me up at the airport, bus or train station? We are unable to make pick ups from the airport, bus or train stations, delays can happen and we can't wait for you as this will impact the entire group. We recommend that you stay in Chiang Mai the night before your visit.
- Is transport free? Transport is free within a 5 km radius of the old city, a surcharge will apply if your accommodation is outside this area.
- How long does it take to get to the sanctuary? The journey usually takes around one and a half hours from Chiang Mai, however this can be effected by local traffic conditions.
Food & Drink
- What kind of meal will I get? We serve traditional Thai food using fresh seasonal produce, to allow for all taste buds we steer clear of the really spicy stuff.
- Can you cater for vegans? Yes we are happy to prepare vegan food, most special requirements can be catered for providing we are notified 24 hours in advance.
- What drinks do you provide? We provide free drinking water at the sanctuary but recommended you take some for the journey, especially in the hot season.
- Can I ride the elephants? No, riding is strictly forbidden.
- Do I need to take part in every activity? None of our activities are mandatory, you are free to enjoy your day without feeling uncomfortable.
- Do I need to be physically fit? All fitness levels are welcome at the sanctuary however you should be aware that you will be on your feet for most of the activities.
- Is there WiFi? Our sanctuary is located in rural farmland, no WiFi, but we do have some great views.
- Do I need insurance? All registered visitors are covered by our accident insurance up to 500,000 THB. Please note this does not cover personal items such as phones and cameras, these may however be covered by your personal travel insurance.
- Can I bring my camera? Yes you are more than welcome to take your own pictures and video, the use of flash however is not permitted.
- Can I bring my drone? We do not allow drones to be flown in the sanctuary as they may scare our elephants.
- Do you take photos? In order to enhance your time at the sanctuary we do en-devour to provide a photographer for the day, this is a free service and not included in the price of your visit.
- Where can I find my pictures? We upload your pictures in the Gallery page here on our site, this is normally done within 3-5 days of your visit.
- Can you send me higher resolution images? Unfortunately in most cases we are unable to provide individuals with higher resolution images.
- There are no pictures from my visit, can I have a refund? As we do not make any charge for pictures a refund is not applicable, unfortunately sometimes things go wrong, we strongly apologise if this happens.
Amazing place en very nice tour guide (Copi), would highly recommend it!! Very basic and very local but so fun because of that!
Lovely place filled with lovely people! Speak very good English which helps ! The area is just superb and matched with the excellent hospitality can not be beaten! The staff are a great laugh and they are super friendly. They cant do enough to look after you and make sure you're having a great experience! The elephants are beautiful and full of personality. You can tell they have been give nothing but care and love! Really recommend if you're touring or even just in the area!
They also offer a water raft experience which I cannot recommend enough! Very enjoyful, fun and safe! Great for family and friends or as a group activity for a day out!
This is my first time to a sanctuary, it's was amazing!!! Highly to recommend because the camp is on a local area, not too busy coz they only accept a small group. Staff are fun and friendly, the elephants are very cute 😍. If you like more local and not a big group, the "Karen Hill Tribe Elephant Sanctuary " is the best choice👍👍👍